[art by Mel Kadel]
It's been a bit lit-heavy around these parts, so today we thought we'd share a few art links we like:
- Phaidon has a new art book out called My Name is Charles Saatchi and I am an Artoholic: Everything You Need to Know About Art, Ads, Life, God and Other Mysteries and Weren't Afraid to Ask. Readers will get a peek into the art collector's brain as he answers questions like:
- How do you decide whether something is worth £10 or £10 million?
- So much contemporary art looks the same to me. Am I missing something?
- Do you believe in it all? A: "I am not clever enough to be a cynic, so belief is the only option available to me."
- lines and colors is, in the words of the indefatigable Charley Parker, a blog about "drawing, painting, illustration, comics, concept art and other visual art...if it has lines and/or colors, it's fair game." The site features loads of links, lots of ideas, and of course, a whole bunch of images to inspire.
- Fecal Face is focused on the San Francisco art scene. We're especially fond of the studio visits section. It's lovely to see all that art-in-progress, and the spaces where art is made.
[Alexis Mackenzie studio visit]