Nov 9, 2007

Chris Momenee - Screenwriter




Christopher Momenee has a master’s degree in French literature from Indiana University and an MFA in Dramatic Writing from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. He comes from Toldeo, Ohio. His script Paperboy won the Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award. Since then he has written a novel, several screenplays and sold Time Flies, a comedy, to Columbia Pictures. Harley, a comedy, was a semifinalist in the 2004 Scriptapalooza Screenwriting Contest. Chris lives in New York City.

What is, for you, the height of misery?
Seeing my parents get old.

Where would you like to live?
Aix-en-Provence.

Your ideal of earthly happiness?
To never have to work for anyone else other than yourself.

For which faults do you have the greatest amount of indulgence?
Shyness, sloppiness, forgetfulness.

Who are the novelistic heroes whom you prefer?
Holden Caulfield, Long John Silver, Jenny Gerhardt, Victor Frankenstein.

Who is your favorite historical character?
Thoreau.

Your favorite heroines in real life?
Oprah, Sinead O’Connor, me mum.

Your favorite painter?
Van Gogh.

Your favorite musician?
Mike Scott (The Waterboys).

The virtue you most prefer in men?
Humility.

The virtue you most prefer in women?
Beauty (inside and out).

The virtue you prefer?
Compassion.

Your preferred occupation?
Anything creative.

Whom would you have liked to be?
Bono.

The principal trait of my character?
Openness.

The quality you most like in a man?
Sense of humor.


The quality you most like in a woman?
When she is unaware of her beauty…

What I appreciate the most in my friends?
Truthfulness, authenticity.

My principle fault?
Procrastination.

What is your favorite occupation?
Storyteller.

My dream of happiness?
To be a successful storyteller.

What might my greatest misfortune be?
Failing to be a good friend to my friends.

What would I like to be?
Guitar virtuoso.

In what country would you like to live?
France.

The color I prefer?
Blue.

The flower I like?
Tulip.

The bird I prefer?
Cardinal.

My favorite prose authors?
J.D. Salinger, Charles Dickens, Theodore Dreiser, Somerset Maugham, Graham Greene, Robert Louis Stevenson.

My preferred poets?
Charles Baudelaire, Mary Oliver, Arthur Rimbaud.

My favorite composers?
Lennon & McCartney, Jagger & Richards, Mike Scott, Carlos Santana.

My favorite painters?
Van Gogh, Hopper, Renoir.

My heroes in real life?
Jefferson, Ghandi, Mandela, FDR.

My favorite historical heroines?
Rachel Carson, Edith Wharton, Sacagawea, Edna St. Vincent Millay.

My favorite names?
Mookie, Olivia, Elizabeth, Timmy, Santiago, Duck-billed Platypus, Yo Yo Ma.

What is it you most dislike?
Inconsiderateness, cell phones, waste, arrogance.

Historical figures whom I scorn the most?
George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Adolf Hitler.

The military feat that I admire the most?
The 300 Spartans holding their own against the Greeks.

The reform that I admire the most?
Banning cigarette smoking indoors.

The gift of nature I would like to possess?
Stamina.

How I would like to die?
Struck by a bolt of lightning.

The present state of my mind?
Peace.

What is your slogan?
It’s not you; it’s me.

No comments: